Genre: Action, Drama
An ex-911 operator, travels to his childhood home, and runs into trouble with the local tree poachers. He’s rescued by a mysterious Native American man who lives off the land.
Narrator: Carina Cojeen
Gavin: Daniel Cristofori
Orson: Ted Powers
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
A restless 911 operator, burned out, takes refuge in the forest of Pacific Northwest. A youth spent there, he remembers how peaceful and serene the forest was.
But much has changed since then, including ‘old growth’ timber poaching, and growing right wing militia members. When GAVIN arrives from Omaha, he’s forced to choose between the Indian renewal interests, or exploiting the vital forests of his childhood.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Action Adventure, sans foolishish car crashes.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s totally visual, and exciting. Character shape changers, and an Eco theme will resonate with teens and their parents. Additionally, a fantasy element is sure to please.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Casablanca, Godfather, & Sound of Music.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Stones ‘Wild Horses’, The Cure’s ‘the Forest’
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Knowing when to quit, and making the ‘bad guys’ believable.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Animal rights, the enviroment crisis, and politics!
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It’s secure, and current. No real problem.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
The chance to see, hear a scene, ‘off the page’. The initial feedback rang true and fair, because I knew I had a winner in this story.
The screenplay was also a Finalist in Austin Roundup FF 2017.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox